In 1930, Asahiro became the third owner of [Imaasa]. In the beginning of Showa era, about 50 or 60 maidservants had served in [Imaasa] divided into 4 group. The building was reformed to Momoyama style a classical Japanese style in 1938. [Imaasa] was then at its peak.
However [Imaasa] was suffered from governmental control for food owing to World War II. Even rationing has halted in Mach 1st 1944, which caused our closing down. Though the building survived many bombardment through the end of war, it has destructed not to spread fire and become nothing.
When we came back to Tokyo, we met an illegal occupation of a half of our land. We also saw the black market in front of Shimbashi; it was the era of confusion. At end of court battles, we have got back full of our land in 1957.
Japan experienced Tokyo Olympic in 1964. At the same year, we built 9 storied reinforced concrete building still there were no building as high as it. Following the redevelopment in front of Shimbashi station, [Imaasa] reopened in another building there. The owner was then the 4th, Shirou. Though [Imaasa] was Shukiyaki restaurant, it started to serve shabu-shabu and Shinryo Zukuri (Cold Shabu-Shabu). And [Imaasa] responded to demand for office workers' reception caused by rapid economic growth.
Among Japanese black, we have kept serving Choice Matsusaka Beef and Zaku vegetables. By joining Japan Restaurant Association, many foreigners visit us. We even have received a call from cop for interpretation help.
Commemorating a century's history and business expansion, [Imaasa] moved back to current location in 1980.